The Name of This Blog - Part 2


    "In my opinion, In My Onion is a good name for a blog." This is how I ended my first post, which got me thinking about the evolution of our language, or maybe more accurately: American slang.  
    I'm the proud father of a very cool teenager, so as I typed that sentence in post number one, I was thinking of how she and her classmates might phrase the same opinion. "IMO, In My Onion is a sick name for a blog." However, I'm not a teen, plus I think that line may be overstating. I just think it's good.
    Still, I grew up in the 1970's and watched a lot of Brady Bunch as a kid. The Brady's would have likely said it like this, "In my opinion, In My Onion is a groovy name for a blog." Of course, there were no blogs in the Brady days, but you follow me. 
    Even though I'm too old to pull it off, I like to use the word dope. As in, "In my opinion, In My Onion is a dope name for a blog." But I didn't do it. Again, it feels overstated since I came up with the title myself. But more than that, it just sounds like I'm trying too hard.
    Here's another variation. How about back even further, before folks put their generational spin on words like sick, groovy, and dope? Imagine some gangster during Prohibition. This cat wants to put down his tommy gun and play it straight and blog. He might say, "In my opinion, see, In My Onion would be a swell name for a blog, see." Once again, there was no blogging back then, but you get me.
    The little rascals would put their own twist on this phraseology. Spanky might have said, "In my opinion gang, In My Onion would be a fine name for a blog." And his chums would respond in unison, "And how!"
    Back to blogging and the Brady Bunch. I want to thank Google for providing this dope platform. I think Blogger.com is super out a sight and totally far out. 
    And how! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Big Ten is the Best Candidate for Open League Play

The Name of This Blog

It's Time for the NFL to Realign